Thursday 24 September 2009

Reflection

I have been recently contemplating the philosophy that surrounds the word 'friendship'. I have noticed that my friends from years ago are not the same people they once were, and that I no longer am the same person I was either.

Having used to be incredibly sheltered for virtually all my school days, I am happy to say that my personality was probably one of an innocent, naive and rather hyper girl. I remember being happy that I was away from all the dark things I had heard of on the news and books which I had never even became indirectly known to. Of course, being shut in a cage for my own protection was not something I was totally happy with at the time, but looking back, I am extremely grateful for my upbringing. I have no idea what type of person (despite how deviated I have gone) I would have been if it was not for my parents and school.

Funny how you only realise it when time had stretched you away from your previous life, perhaps I would have been more appreciative and more willing to learn if I had know the true meaning of the style of my upbringing.

As to friends, I worry if the little sanctuary of happiness I have with them now will eventually dissipate to civil acquaintance. People change, I am very aware of that. I feel that everyone is dispersing to new stages in life and that the blissful times we once had won't ever be able to be achieved again.

*sigh* oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Fatimah.

    Don't ever leave me.

    You are the only friend I have left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You've got plenty of friends. I'm sure we'll never leave each other! You might leave me in protest of my actually becoming old, but other than that, I can't see it happening.

    I love you too, :D

    ReplyDelete