Saturday 13 June 2009

To eat or not to eat?

So Im slightly happy because I think I've lost some weight, but I'm not letting it get to me as I've noticed various weight scales tend to show variable results... It toys with one's delicate emotions.

I started eating less carbs, not so much as a strategy to loose weight, but more to ease my guilt of times where I simply binged on food. I found that experiencing the feeling of hunger actually does make me feel more at ease, and it makes eating a final meal more rewarding, almost like fasting in Ramadan.

But yesterday at the gym, I realised that the lack of carbs took a toll and my phycial strength, I went on this machine thing that resembles virtical cycling, and usually I'd be able to do it for around 7 minutes (which isn't much btw), but yesterday I died after 3 minutes. So I thought perhaps I should eat something with crbs, and my grumbling stomach agreed with me. Hence, for the first time in 3 weeks, I broke my promise to myslef and ate lunch! It was a momentous occasion for me, but half way through my tuna baggette I felt inexplicably full.

Unfortunately this lucnh episode, has allowed me to excuse myself and actually eat lunch today too!! OH THE PAIN!!! OH THE GUILT!!

But I've gotten around this and merely hardly eat dinner....

4 comments:

  1. Silly girl
    Eat carbs. Just not after 4pm.
    If you're gym-ing you need the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is I don't really gym regularly, I'd rather skip lunch, but I'm stil eating fruit and stuff during the day, I'm just missing that sandwhich/bagguette that I used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude you should eat small quantities of food througout the day. it keeps your metabolism up and you dont get bloated after one big session of food. carbs are just as important as any other nutrient so don't dimiss them altogether. but it is true if you eat too many they can turn to fat. which brings me on to fat - thats the main thing you should be looking out for and not only because it can make you podgy but because it can clog up your arteries. im sure you know all this anyway. for example that tuna baguette you were talking about - you should be more worried about the tonnes of mayonnaise they pack into these things. its good your watching what you eat and going to the gym, but missing meals is not healthy and just plain stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, point taken. I have resumed my meals, I just eat less generally... I think I needed to stop snacking though, I did way too much snacking before.

    I just really feel like I'm not loosing any weight, which needs to happen...

    here's the way egyptians eat:
    1. breakfast (cheese sandwhiches aqnd bastrami alot, as well as eggs)at 8/9 am
    2. Lunch/dinner at around 4pm
    3. bad ass breakfast again (same ingredients) at around 11pm before you go to sleep.

    Nothing spells bloating like that really....

    ReplyDelete