Friday 5 June 2009

Can someone find a Job for me?

I think I should take time to appreciate Barack Obama's speech yesterday in Cairo's Al-Azhar University (which btw is an awesome Islamic University).

*appreciates and thinks and experiences a general feeling of liking towards Obama*

okay done.

Now let me express myself a little.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

okay done. (wasn't that lovely and short)

Now let me rant:

I feel so 'bluergh' cus I've been stuck inside the house for a full on week now, without tasting fresh air (quite literally as Miss Pain in The Ass has become a bit OCD-ish about windows and pollen, hence leaving me in a state of fresh-air-deprevation)

I have been ill, and still am ill. To make matters worse, I've been job hunting, which is never an adrenaline pumping situation. To make things harrowing to my dear readers, I am a sick, job seeking lost soul, who still suffers from fresh-air-starvation.

My lungs can only take so much of the damned house!!!
And my ego can only take so much dissappoinment!
And my nose can only take so much tissue rubbing!

Okay done.

Now let me be optimistic:

On a Miss happy note, I found some good recruitment agencies online, one of them is made by students for students!! so there's no faffing around with '3 years experience' and crap. But there was literally only 2 jobs in london!!! I was expecting at least 68!! but lets consider the economic climate: Us pitiful graduates aren't even on the map.

Employers want experienced personnel, so that they don't have to invest money into newbies that know nothing. This my dear readers, is spelling ' you will never get a job' to the unexperienced and unemployed people out there.

Magazines, people and mentors all say 'hang in there' and 'don't give up' and 'keep trying' what the hell? That's all crap. It's so obvious there's no jobs out there the feeling hopelessness doesn't just vanish with petty scentences like that.

Damn this turned into a rant again.. wooops.

well I'm not exactly done, but I'll stop here.

To sum up, Miss Sad wins over Miss Happy at the moment.

10 comments:

  1. normally i would provide some kind words of encouragement. but today has been a depressing kind of a day for me (read my blog you'll know why) and i definitely understand about the jobs. sooo

    AAAAGHHHH!!!!!! WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRAP!!!! I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

    ok so that was out of character for me and perhaps a bit over the top, the world is a beautiful place and i like most things! but still, i wish there were more reasons to be happy in the world at the moment, and i wish someone would employ us!!! i feel like swearing...but i dont wanna defile your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swearing is also out of your character dude. But I loved reading your mad exclamation! For some reason it made my exclamations seem more acceptable...

    Okay let's feel better..... hmm..... Niagra falls, and daffodils, and rainbows, and summer rain, and payslips, they're all happy thoughts!

    Come to think of it, if we never had sadness, we wouldn't understand what happyness is. It's like how we can't understand what good people are like if we didn't have evil people to contrast with them... kinda odd. If we didnt have sad feelings we would never have the enlightenment of a source that switches us from sad to happy... kinda weird. Am I making sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not really making much sense to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that was such a nice thought fatimah.. ur last paragraph, i get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice? I think it was full of negative energy, but thanks for the complement :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really isn't the end of the world if you don't find a job soon. I mean you're still not even sure what you want to do, and it's not like you need the money to move out or anything like that, so just keep working at it at your own pace. Something is bound to fall right into your lap soon. It's horrible having to be looking for an entry level job right now, just don't take the rejections to heart. Having said that I know very few Imperialites who CAN take rejection on the chin, if any. It still doesn't mean that nobody will want to take you! Listen to Miss Happy and keep faith!

    ReplyDelete
  7. screw jobs

    join me in hippydom where life is care-free and full of bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! hippydom! I'm definitly signing up to that melvy!

    I think perhaps it is the imperialist nature in us that takes rejections badly, but it seriously is off-putting when all you ever get and expect are rejections, it makes the thought of getting an actual job rather difficult to comprehend. But I'm still trying. I hope to get into a forensics lab somehwere :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a funny situation, apparently the most HIT profession/industry is ARCHITECTURE, all my friends will not have any jobs this year. Were all stuck in no mans land YAY.

    Guess what I'm thinking of doing, TOURISM. HOW RANDOM AM I hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. tourism?? eh? explain please....

    ReplyDelete