Sunday 1 November 2009

Transport stories

Since the last time I post a lot of odd things have happened to me, mostly on my journeys home (which are really horrible might I add).

Firstly, I've noticed a lot of people spitting really randomly in the street, It really bugs me, because I, and other non-spitting citizens have the decency not to spit on the ground, and hence we should all keep our ground as clean as possible. It's like there's no respect for the ground we walk on! have some respect people! I mean, if we didn't have the ground we'd be.... groundless.

I really hate travelling home late, when I came back late from a careers event, some weirdo besuited fat Asian grey-haired man sat next to me in a 20% filled train, so there were seats far far away from me that would have been more appropriately filled, I was reading my newspaper so I didn't take much notice of it. He mumbled something like 'oh dear' and the next thing I knew his arm was on the back of my seat. HELL NO AM I LETTING THIS HAPPEN! So I get up immediately and walk away, I think he got embarrassed a lot, serves him right the creep. at least he didn't start talking to me about how I'm anti social, and I'm not living life.

While we're on the subject of creeps, a randomer added me on facebook, we had one common friend so I was afraid of rejecting him straight away, in case I had met him somewhere before, this is the message I sent him:

Dessa: Hey, I'm sorry if i've met you before, but i actually can't remember who you are. sorry if I've offended you!
This is how it turned out:

Randomer: Well im offended coz u dont remember me :( ..... so how can u fix it now ..

Dessa: Well, seeing as I've already committed offence, I don't think I'd mind inducing more. Due to the lack of any possible benefit to myself by making your acquaintance, I think I'll simply blank you out. So, bye.P.s. Stop adding random people. It's annoying.

Randomer: Easy girl :))) . Wel seeing that i have upset you. I donot mind accepting it and saying sorry! But trust me i never ment any thing like it to happen.Btw if you change your mind sumtime, will be nice to know you. May be if you are coming over for Nupsa Dinner on 20th tuesday?P.s. Life is too shot to be upset with somthing...Liv it to max and enjoy it. :)

I don't understand how talking to random people is supposed to enrich my life somehow.... I really hate that sort of behaviour. Is flirting all people ever live for? How boring.

Anyway, I really like buses, but when there's traffic, I do get pretty annoyed, cus it's not like you can read a book or pass time easily on a bus like you could do on a train, buses make you feel dizzy if you're reading something, and so, time is just soo sloooow. I think I've decided that city buses are much more fun than suburban buses.

Recently, I was on a bus on my way home, and all of a sudden I can feel something tugging on my scarf, I moved my head so that it could stop, and that's when I realised that a woman sitting next to her boyfriend had just tried to fiddle with my scarf! They didn't even say sorry or anything! In fact! they started discussing it pretty audibly! Then they started talking about how women have to put their hair in a bun and then put the scarf on top and some off spikes of hair might pop through the material. I was not some sort of object for them to discuss as though in an art exhibition... it was a really odd experience for me, for the first time in my life I sorta felt not human.

I was lost a few days ago on Fleet street, I was trying to get to Salisbury square and I ended up asking every besuited man on the street where it was, luckily for me, no one knew where it was.. was it some sort of hidden Narnia I would have to reach through a wardrobe? I think I ended up asking a high court Judge even... he sounded pretty impressive I must say. I eventually found the place but I was all red a flustered from walking quickly, so I was not really feeling too good at the time.

Well, that's about it for me. Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. Man in train: PERV
    Man on Facebook: BORED PERV
    Couple on bus: RUDE IDIOTS

    and I too have a love/hate relationship with buses :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol the woman fiddling with your scarf is too funny! you get some randoms on public transport. Not everything on public transport is public domain, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that was so funny to read! i know what you mean about the randoms who add you on facebook, but i've never chatted to any of them! best to just ignore and block at the first sign of weirdness (eg when they add you).

    and omg about the scarf! was she muslim?i woulda been like excuse me im sitting right here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she was definitly not muslim. I can't believe she did that!

    The scarf was one of my crinkled effect scarves... and recently a classmate owned up to staring at the back of my head for an hour wondering how they made the scarf crinkled...

    I'm kinda creeped out.

    ReplyDelete