Monday 23 November 2009

A Tale of Misfortune

I have decided that every time I meet with a misfortune, I shall blog about an unrelated incident that exemplifies my foolish, yet laughable self. I shall start now as I've kinda faced a lot of misfortunes recently.

One day, on my home, it being pretty late (around 7pm), I was on one of my never ending bus routes. The bus stopped at High Street Kensington, as it should do, naturally. But it had stopped for an unnaturally long time, and I had not noticed the time passing or that all the people had left and I was the only one left sitting there, staring out of the window.


When... all of a sudden! The oddest thing started happening: the pedestrians outside the bus started making eye contact with me, and it wasn't just one, it was quite a few! 3-4 I think. to make things even stranger, a few of them started waving at me in an odd way, not like a wave to a friend, but more of a wave to 'come away' as it were.


Faster than a lightning bolt cascading with a firework did I realised that the bus had terminated, and that I was the only person left inside the large double decker.


Without further ado, I grab my bag and make like the wind as I hurled myself out of the bus, where the waving pedestrians stood, smiling bemusedly at me, I smiled awkwardly back and thanked them incoherently, walking away at the same time lest they should realise how embarrassed I was.


Well, that's the end. I have a new work of fiction coming up! It's called The Saima Story, I'll try and make it the next post. But if another misfortune should happen to turn up, I'll have to report you upon that instead.

1 comment:

  1. that's a funny story but i don't think its a real misfortune, just a blondish moment! at least the people were nice and waving at you, i woulda just left it.

    ReplyDelete