Tuesday 17 November 2009

A series of Unfortunate events

After being rejected from yet another career open day this afternoon I thought I was in the mood to write about some unfortunate events that has happened to me lately.

1. It was a good morning, I woke up early and left the house with plenty of time to spare, I get to Wood Lane station and walk to the bus stop, despite the rain, I was okay. Then some idiot car driver drove quickly over this ultimately huge puddle and a wave of dirty rain water cascaded over this poor young woman, she just carried on walking looking drenched and thoroughly miffed. I on the other hand was proud of myself for getting to the bus stop 25 minutes earlier than usual, the annoying thing was that I had to wait 25 minutes for the bus to talk me to the hospital, for a rout that would only require 10 minutes to walk. Anyway, I get to the hospital and remember that I forgot which room I would be in, so I open my diary in a hurry as I'm already 5 minutes late, and in my diary, in red writing, it says: Charing's Cross Hospital. Oh dear.... so I call my friend. and yes she gives me directions for the computer room at the Charings Cross library, so I turn on my heel and go. I got there and hour late.

2. I bought my travel card on Monday morning, well I thought I did, and somehow got onto the bus, the driver let me pass through (nice chap). Then half way to my local station I remember that I did not finalise buying my travel card by touching my oyster card on the receiver again. So I thought i had lost about 44 pounds, this is entirely against my nature and in a frenzy I enquired about the money at the ticket office at my local station, and alhamdulillah, she confirmed I didn't lose anything.

3. I've had some of the most boring monotonous lecturers for the most harrowing diseases known to man, all of which are 3 hours long, it's been such a long time since I've had 6 hours of lectures in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment