Sunday 11 October 2009

Manga of the Month- October

It has come to that time again. I must bore my non-existing audience with my own passions. I'm sorry to disrupt your attentions, but this simply has to be done.

I shall talk about a long standing Manga I've been reading for two years now, it is called Naruto. I have a very soft spot for Naruto as I watched all the available anime for it 2 weeks before my first year exams. That is not an 'achievement' many people can boast about.

So.. 'what is it about?' I hear you screaming in agitated curiosity. Well, the series is divided into two main sections: the original 'Naruto' and 'Naruto Shippuden' which continues the storyline 3 years later. Naruto is a created culture of a world of ninjas that train from a young age to sanction their duty for their own village, the main Characters are, surprisingly, Uzumaki Naruto (an annoying boy with a big mouth), Uchiha Sasuke (a moody silent boy with a harsh past, but who thinks he's better than everyone) and Sakura (a rather useless girl whose surname I don't remember). The Manga details characters that they meet from other villages, the pasts of other characters and the development of other personalities.


It has too much media for me to describe in better detail, however, it is a very famous Manga series that has gripped readers across oceans and is still gaining popularity by its ever developing detailed and planned plot.

The drawing style is unique, but not very good. Like most male Mangakas and shonen manga, women simply can't be drawn right. I've only seen a handful of good shonen manga that have drawn a female correctly so as not to mistaken as a man with long eyelashes, and Naruto is no exception.

This mainstream manga has been very successful for inciting fear, happiness, sadness and profound emotions in its readers, it is not one of the best (Nana is the best) but it is certainly a highly recommended read for a holiday or when you have weeks of free time.

*sigh* I shall continue to keep writing on Manga! My enthusiasm for it can't be dented by your hard disregard!

No comments:

Post a Comment