Sunday 4 October 2009

The end of Summer

I'm feeling the stress of four months worth of career planning, job hunting and boredom ease away from my back as we speak. It has truly been the longest, life-draining, hardest time of my life.

There have been good times, I saw my Uncle and Aunt, I watched Harry Potter, I read 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen, I fasted Ramadan, I ate at Eid, I got my nose straightened out, I saw Miss. Eyebrows a lot, I got a Masters place at my old University, I wrote an official Manga Review, I created dinner dishes, I baked cakes, I lost weight, I started swimming and a Blog!

Actually, when I list it out like that it does seem pretty cool :D

But there have been things I wanted to do and didn't achieve, I wanted to get my driving licence and I still haven't gotten my provisional! I wanted to learn Japanese again and didn't, I wanted to draw art for money and couldn't.

But hey! I'm happy, so I have no regrets (except the driving licence thing... damn).

I've been planning to make a list of all the classic lines Miss. Short Fuse has come out with this summer, and now that the time has finally come I shall begin:

1. I swear to God Vikram is gay.
2. I hate Vikram.
3. That guy has the AURA!
4. HORSES HAVE THE AURA!
5. Faima... you have an odd look on your face....
6. Orlando Bloom has no aura.
7. It's all about the aura!
8. I love Goku!
9. It's all about Goku man.
10. I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
11. Don't you notice that the only thing you talk about is manga!

and my favourite dialogue between us all summer:

Dessa: 'Hey Miss. Short fuse, what are you doing on the computer?'
**********10 minutes lapses in silence between us****************
Miss. Short Fuse: 'Did you say something? I think I heard a sound'

And No, she's not weird in anyway... she's just like that, naturally.

Thanks to Miss. Short Fuse for keeping me sane, again, this summer!

3 comments:

  1. For the record, I said quotes 3 - 9 within the span of 15 mins while we were watching LOTR, so its not really over the summer!

    But yes, the dialogue, did make me laugh - a lot, I can't help it ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say to the last bit, all I can do is explain the expression on my face: a huge big smile.

    Thanks for keeping me sane Fa-i-ma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you would ALWAYS talk about goku!!!

    I had a big grin writing this post :D

    ReplyDelete