Monday 20 July 2009

In preperation to be anaesthetised

I address you my dear audience to remind you, probably for the 11th time, that I shall be undergoing a nasal operation on Wednesday, or a 'Nose job' as some of you have kindly renamed it.


Funnily enough I'm not scared or nervous, I guess a lot of things have already happened to me and I simply gained immunity to fear in regards to hospitals. But the last time I was ready to be anaesthetised was when I was 13 about to get my gums cut open in order to pull out a tooth that decided to take residence on my chin. I remember being so nervous I even told my dad of a makeshift Will I had scratched together in my head, an hour before reaching the hospital.


I'm more nervous of having a swelled up face and purple nose for a while than actually being unconscious. I also have no idea how mobile I'll be, apparently any bone tampering with the nose is sensitive for the patient. So I might not be able to write anything for a while :(


I'm also going to have to spend a night over at the hospital... and am rather uneasy, I despise the smell of hospitals... it's half way between the smell of puke and the smell of antiseptic how am I going to be able to sleep among that?


In preparation for my '2 weeks of bed rest' I am going out with a friend tomorrow, she'll be leaving the country for a while so I'd like to spend some time with her fora while.


I'll write a bit more on manga after my operation as I think the blog needs a bit of colour.


Well, adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment