Friday 23 March 2012

Driving Lesson 4

So I had my fourth driving lesson today, it was by far more mad than the others. I first started with just learning how to steer, which was basically turning left endlessly and never getting it right. Eventually my steering was good enough to start learing gears, this is where the real frsutration started. On my first lesson with gears I could lift my foot off of the clutch fine and no engine on earth could have stalled. But then on my next lesson everything went pear shaped and I must have stalled 4 times in a row in front of the give way line before the raod. If I had the strength to bash up a car I would have done it.

At the start of my lesson today I was getting much better with the clutch because I had developed a unique foot tchnique that will only work with my tiny feet. The rule is to keep your heel on the floor, I can't do that, I simply don't have enough foot to do it. So I lift my foot off as much as possible and lift my leg the rest of the way. My left leg is now very tired.

My seething cumulative impatience with the repetition of the roads was palpable, so Ron (my absolutely great instructor) took me onto a main road (you know, with other cars, street lights and all that jazz) to show me why we needed to stay on the smaller quieter roads with the annoying infinite humps. I was SO excited! I even moved onto third gear! My heart was racing the whole time, but I truly enjoyed it and can't wait till I'm good enough to do it again. The lesson was learned, even though I managed fine with Ron on the main road, I wasn't ready to do it without his instructions so more practice was required.

My main driving problems are remembering to steer while changing gears and stopping before the give way line. God help me I just can't do it. I have no idea when or how to push down on the brakes and I still panic everytime there is a car behind me.

God willing, I hope I learn it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment