Friday 15 January 2010

When the unexpected happens.

I recently heard news that an old school mate of mine passed away. I'm not over-reacting, I didn't even cry, I'm just incredibly shocked, as it's not something you'd have expected to happen. But in fact, I've been enlightened in more ways than one. Her death has reinforced the belief that Allah gives and takes life, and that we mere humans cannot predict when these times happen. Our deaths can happen when we least expect it and we cannot under any circumstances take it for granted, we must work for our life after death, as though we were to die tomorrow.

It makes me feel so small to think I'm worrying about my journal club presentation next week and what career I'm going to enter and what I'll be doing next year. I don't think about the present at all, or how I should improve myself.

Sumayya Dukes was a very warm person, she was an Imperial medic, and had so much to live for, I hope she will be remembered always. Allah Yar7amhaa. May Allah be with her family.

1 comment:

  1. Allah Yar7amha.

    Fatimah, all those things you are doing are looking towards the future. In the present you will always be working towards the future, and there's nothing more important than that.

    How would you do things differently if you thought about the present?

    ReplyDelete